LET US HELP YOU
LEARN ABOUT FHA LOANS IN CA
FHA Loans in California
An FHA (Federal Housing Administration) loan is a loan insured against default by the FHA. In other words, the FHA guarantees that a lender won’t have to write off a loan if the borrower defaults – the FHA will pay.
FHA loans allow people to buy a home with a down payment as small as 3.5%. Other loans might not allow such a low down payment.
WHO CAN GET AN FHA LOAN?
Almost anybody can get an FHA loan, however, FHA loans are not for everybody. Nevertheless, they are a great help to some borrowers. Although there are no income limits, there are limits on how much you can borrow. In general, you’re limited to median home prices in your area. To find the limits in your region, visit HUD’s Website.
To qualify for an FHA mortgage loan, you’ll need to have reasonable debt-to-income ratios. You don’t need perfect credit but you will need to have a credit score of at least 620.
What Are Some Requirements for Obtaining an FHA Loan?
- A credit score of at least 580 for a 3.5% down payment.
- Mortgage Insurance is required.
- Debt-to-Income Ratio of at least 55%.
- The home must be the borrower's primary residence and cannot be used for a secondary home or rental.
- The borrower must have a steady income and proof of employment at the ready.
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU
We take pride in providing you with excellent service and appreciate the opportunity to assist you with all your real estate and mortgage needs.